Denon AVR-1804 owners please look in

Ian Carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased the above amp and am still tinkering with the setup. Didn't audition the amp before and am finding it a little 'muffled' in sound compared to my old Yamaha amp. Also I am curious to know what level you listen to your audio sources at.

The volume range goes from -70 to +18db but I am finding I am listening at around -30db + to get a decent amount of volume.

Is this normal?

Thanks eviljohn. I was getting worried as my last amp had no visible means for knowing the volume level and the fact that I had to go to around -40db from -70db to get reasonable results was worring me. How do you find your sound?

Anybody else think the sound is muddy, stiffled or muffled?

I am running with a brand new set of MS premieres so they are probably not run in yet but your thoughts would be welcome.

I've had mine for approx 6 months and I've not noticed any muddiness to the sound, quite the opposite - I think the sound is very detailed. for casual viewing or late at night I listen at around -25db , during the day or for favourite films I listen at around reference level (0db).

Thanks, I think I may be listening to it to quitely at around -35 to -40db. I'll try turning it up a bit, altough most listening up until now has been with the kids in bed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom