1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr 1803 gone wrong again

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by blackjack, Jan 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. blackjack

blackjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok this is my second different unit in a month.

the first one blew up in a big way after 10mins.

the second one now cuts out when the volume is turned up.
    after a thurough testing it is only when i have ANY channel settings on that use the rear surrond channels, the speakers or the channel don't even need to be used for it to cut out.
    if i select a setting that won't allow me to use the rear surround channels like sterio and a couple of others the volume goes up no probs with no cut out at all.

there must be something wrong with these new models for this to happen twice even though it was 2 different faults(or was it).

the unit will go back to empiredirect and i'll get my money back and won't get another denon again.i thought they were a good make.

anyone heard of this cut out prob before???.

thanx for any replies.

BJ.

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had this problem, I bought my denon last friday & it's been fine (so far).

I'll try messing about with the centre rear channels & see if anything cuts out & let you know - but with one centre rear it was fine.

3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Are you sure it isn't your speakers?

4. blackjack

blackjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how will it be my speakers??

i have'nt got the best speakers running, just a set of cheap panasonics from richersounds and a set of accoustic solutions floor standers.

it pumped the music out the other day from cd player and from dvd but now it just shuts down into standby mode.

but like i say if i select a setting that doesn't use the rear surround speakers even if i don't use them it shuts down into standby.

i only used the 7 speakers for playing audio cd's and the 5.1 for my dvd player.

BJ.

5. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It sounds like your overloading the center rear as your using 2 speakers, the Denon only has 1 amp to drive the center rear so with 2 speakers sharing the 1 amp I would guess the Denon is finding it hard to cope, try it with just 1 center rear and make sure the amp has room to breath and see how it goes...

6. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've been using mine with 6 speakers + sub for a couple of months now with no problems. Mine needs to be at -10 for good DVD levels.

7. blackjack

blackjack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i remember rightly in the hand book it recomends using 2 speakers if u have them, and there is 2 outlets for 2 speakers.

also i can turn the reaer speaker option off thus not using them and it still cuts out.

cheers for the replies, the amps boxed up and ready to go back.

BJ.