1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR 1802 vs ipod

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by the frightful, Jul 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. the frightful

the frightful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, my son plugged his ipod into the front V aux imput red/white as usual
    and turned th av to max (aparently the ipod plays quiet!)
    after about one track it all went quiet,on returning to the av the standby light was flashing,he turned off the unit then turned the unit on again and heard an "electrical crackle" and the smell of electrical burning.It powers up as the standby light is illuminated but nothing else, any ideas?
    please tell me that it is easily remedied and NOT that it is terminal
    (although my son does have a savings account! )

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Have you tried any of the other inputs? A full system reset? Turning the volume down? Could it just be the speakers that have had it?

3. the frightful

the frightful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunatly i dont even get any display up to test the other imputs, as for a system reset, i'd have more chance reaching the moon by flapping my arms! as i am technicaly impotent. thanks all the same :suicide:

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    It's certainly sounding broken but definitely try and give the reset a go. It involves holding down a few buttons whilst switching the front power switch and can be found towards the back of the manual. :)

5. the frightful

the frightful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx mate i got the same advice from Dennon direct, but i bottled it and took it to a local repairer / vintage hifi seller....ooooooo now im thinking of a new valve amp system ( if my boy's account can suffer it !! )
    cheers