Denon avr 1708

dokuroc

Standard Member
I just got myself a denon avr 1708 model i add a new set of speakers with it from pure acoustics went all exited to hook the thing up to my computer my ps3 and all the rest of the "able iteams" any ways when i was done i started to follow the guide went to speakers pressed a becouse i only use front a speakers conected the weird setup mic that was included got my screen to show auto setup>start :clap: then when i went to click the start button it dident work:thumbsdow i tryed the remote 3 diffrent buttons :thumbsdow still dident work spent about 1 hour of staring at the device clicking and clicking and guess what it dident work so if any body have a suggiston on how to fix it i will love hearing it becouse im deing to start playing and i dont want to find myself tommrow on the phone all day with support people ):.

tx to any one who can help:smashin:.

dokuroc

Standard Member
new problem apprently the thing was broken got a new one and got the computer sound to work but the hdmi picture is in but all the sound come off only from the tv any ideas please?

spooney

Novice Member
You will need to assign HDMI, optical, etc. as audio source for each device you need in the audio setup.

spooney

Novice Member
tx for the answer but any chance u can tell me how to actually do it because im kinda lost.
Fair enough. I do not want you to dig through the notrious Denon manuals. You will be frustrated and lost then. :devil:

I have a 4306 but the menus are almost the same in all modells

It is in SystemSetup -> Audio Input -> Digital In Assign. For each connected input you will select, if it is Optical, Coax, HDMI, etc.

Same for Video in the Video Setup.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom