• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR-1700 audio cuts out randomly with optical cable input

cableguy99

Standard Member
I have a new digital cable box, I switched providers. I used to have a digital cable box which worked fine. Now what happens is I hook a HDMI cable from my new digital box to my tv, and the optical cable from my new digital box to my Denon AVR-1700. On the HD channels, the Denon AVR-1700 says Dolby D, then after a few minutes, or an hour, this is random, the sound cuts out, and the AVR-1700 will dsiplay Dolby Pro Logic instead of Dolby D. Weird?? This will even happen on no HD 5.1 channels. I have tried to set the digital box to non dolby, still no luck. I have since bypassed my receiver, hooked the digital optical cable directly to my tv, and it works fine. Any ideas???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom