1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon avr 1603 - Display not lit

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TommyT, Jan 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi guys,

We bought my father in law a denon avr 1603 amp last year for Xmas and it worked fine. Now he tells me that the display will not show up after a few seconds of him switching it on.

I went round to check it out and the display comes on ok for a few seconds then dissappears...is this normal? or is there a setting that does this that can be changed to switch the display on all the time? :confused:

I know that this model of Denon can have a problem if the display doesn't switch on and the standby button flashes (short circuited there i think) BUT this isn't the case. I have only tested it with the Tuner so far in 5 channel stereo and all the speakers work ok..the display goes off..but still all the speakers work ok. :smashin:

Is this a problem that the display goes out after about 5 - 10 seconds?? I have made sure that it was switched off for a couple of days before testing, so no overheating...he also has relocated it so plenty of air getting at it too, although there was enough space already...but just to be extra sure.

I suppose it isn't a real biggie at the system still works even without display showing...just would be nice for him. :lease:

Cheers in advance,
    Tommy

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Does the Display come back on when you change volume or modes and then go back off again? If so, it sounds like the Display Dimmer has been enabled. It should have several settings with one being OFF. Press the DIMMER button on the front panel to cycle through the options. :)

3. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes the display does come back on when you change anything, like volume etc. So i will try the dimmer button. Where is the dimmer button?...from memory (although I only looked at the front for a few seconds) I did not see the dimmer button.

Thanks again in advance,

Cheers
    Tommy

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    It's a small button on the front panel just under the Display on the right. :)

5. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers,

Will check it out when I get round to his.

Tommy

6. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Seems his does not have the dimmer button on the front.

It only has "pty" in its place.

He didnt have his remote to hand but did have his Instruction booklet so looked up the remote control in there and it does appear to have a dimmer button on that..so when he finds it...should be ok.

Thanks,
    Tommy