Denon AVR 1513 Set-up

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Slim6969, Feb 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Slim6969

Slim6969
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to set up my Denon Amp so I can HDMI all my boxes to my TV and use the sound straight from my TV for the AMP.

I can set it up with each box going individually through the AMP but I need to simplify the operation as much as possible for 'other members of the family'.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,439
    Just get an all in one remote like a Logitech Harmony. This others one button switch on and between different sources. Surely switching inputs on the TV for each source is no easier than switching inputs on the receiver anyway? For bluray if you want HD audio you have to connect the HDMI direct to the receiver. Having the HDMI to the TV first will mean you will not get HD audio.

3. Slim6969

Slim6969
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. I see the sense in that. But at the moment I'm not using a receiver, only freeview through my digital TV, so apart from games console and blu ray, I can't actually get TV Sound through my Amp.

4. dante01

dante01
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,044
    Why not? There's nothing stopping you from outputting audio sourced via the TV to the amp and the amp and the speakers it is powering will sound an aweful lot better than the audio eminating from your TV's speakers.

As suggested, a learning remote would still make life a lot easier for everyone when switching the audio sources, including the TV. Such a remote will replace all the other remotes you currently have to have on hand.

Also note that each source input remembers its individual settings so no member of the family needs to reconfigure anything after switching from one source to another. The AV receiver will remain configured as it was the previous time that particular source was used.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014