• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AVR-1507 - Selecting inputs

L

LP12

I have recently added a Marantz DVD player to my home theatre. HDMI cable runs straight to display. One coaxial digital cable to Denon AV receiver (1507) for the movie sounds. I have given the name 'DVD' to the digital input.

Marantz has a good converter and sound via analogue too. I connected interconnect from left/right audio out from marantz to left/right audio in on Denon. One of the Denon analog inputs by default has the name DVD and I thought of using this.

Now the problem- How do I choose the analogue input from Marantz? When I choose DVD, I get the digital input via coaxial. There is no other label as 'DVD' or something similar to switch to analogue.

Obviously when I connect the analogue from Marantz to Denon, to some other analogue input like - cd, aux etc... I can switch and play.

How do I do this with the same name input ?

I have three components like Marantz that I want to connect using coaxial or optical inputs. Will I be unable to use the similarly named analogue stereo (left/right) inputs if I assign common names ?

I want to use Marantz through analogue also since I can then switch off video circuits and even the display to get better sound on audio cd's.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi

Either press the Analog button on the front panel or the Input/Return button on the remote (under the flap, bottom right hand corner). Just remember to switch it back to AUTO again when you finished listening to your analog source.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom