Denon AVR 1507 / 1706 metal fronts?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Golaboots888, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Golaboots888

Golaboots888
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Whats the cheapest Denon AVR to have a metal front, looks like a 1906 has one and the 1907 but not a 15 or 17 series. Anyone know if this is the case.

Would a Cambridge Azur 540 v2 be a better option in any case?

2. Benny06

Benny06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi,

how comes your interested in weather thay have metal fronts and not what their like? I have the 1907 in black, and im pritty sure the front is metal, best bet go and have a look at them and see for youself

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    usually models made of metal will be heavy and less prone to falling to bits on you....lol...altho this isnt 100% guaranteed :D

stability is a key with Hifi kit, hence some more expensive stuff weighs a ton, my MF A5 stereo amp for instance...i forget how heavy it is now, but i dont think its far behind my 3803 which isnt exactly lightweight, i think they are either side of the 20kg point....could be wrong there, might be a little less...but its close i know that much!.....even my Denon 3910 DVD player weighs around 10kg or so i think!

unless the OP meant the colour rather than the material? are you after a silver front? i think some models of AV amps sometimes only get released in one colour......and apparently Black is Back (according to Teac's What Hif advert anyhow...lol....damn that girl is cute)

4. TeeDoubleUDee

TeeDoubleUDee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've got a 1906 in Silver (metal) and it's b****y heavy - I could swear my glass shelf is bending in the middle :D

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I got a bit worried myself when i decided i fancied a nice glass and chrome leg stack of shelves.....so i splashed out on an Optimum AV one...cost me £400 but each normal shelf is 6mm safety glass and rated to 100Kg, the top shelf is 10mm and rated to 500Kg :D
    didnt get chrome in the end, got brushed aluminium, its nice though, very simple, just legs and shelves, no other fancy bits....(well, you can see it i think in the Members Gallery, just do a search for my name and the thread'll pop up)

part of me wishes i'd bought the 1100mm one instead of 900mm one though (width that is).....didnt think i'd end up acquiring enough equipment to do side by side....but i'm kinda at the point where it would be useful..lol

6. Benny06

Benny06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    afaik the only Denon out of the low end 07 series as such(1507,1707 and 1907) that comes in black as well as silver is the 1907.