Denon AVR 1400h

leaponover

Novice Member
Hi there. I have an awful problem going on. I have a Denon AVR-1400h and it seems like whenever the receiver heats up, screen starts turning to snow and then eventually goes black. This may end up being TLDR but this same thing happened to me randomly awhile back and I went from a 15m cable to a 10m and made sure it was a high quality certified one. Had no problems until about a month ago. Everything goes fine until the receiver seems to warm up 5 minutes in or so and then it starts happening until it become unwatchable. I have a nvidia shield and a set top box as the sources and it outputs to an LG projector. It doesn't seem to be the cable as when I plug it directly into the shield it works flawlessly. Doesn't seem to be the projector either in that scenario. No idea what is causing this. I've tried to turn off processing and the whole power control to no avail. Maybe the things just fried as I've already had it repaired once. Any ideas?

dante01

Distinguished Member
10m is still about as twice as long as would ordinarilly be recommended.

If the issue is only occuring if and when the AV receiver hrats up themn it could be indicative of a dry solider joint somewhere on the AV receiver's HDMI board?

TRy an even shorter cable, one under 5m in length and if still having this issue then I'd then suggest you have a Denon service centre take a look at it.

For longer cablee runs, use HDMI over fibre as oppose to conventional passive HDMI copper cabling.

leaponover

Novice Member
10m is still about as twice as long as would ordinarilly be recommended.

If the issue is only occuring if and when the AV receiver hrats up themn it could be indicative of a dry solider joint somewhere on the AV receiver's HDMI board?

TRy an even shorter cable, one under 5m in length and if still having this issue then I'd then suggest you have a Denon service centre take a look at it.

For longer cablee runs, use HDMI over fibre as oppose to conventional passive HDMI copper cabling.
10m just barely makes it to the projector unfortunately. I traded out the receiver at our academy (x1500h) to see if it makes a difference and so far I haven't had any issues. If it continues to run smoothly then I will know it's just the receiver. Thanks for the response!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom