1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVR-1400 Problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Schwim3x6, Sep 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Schwim3x6

Schwim3x6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Denon AVR-1400 for about 6 years. A few months ago, I started hearing crackling noises from the right speaker, but not all the time. Sometimes, I'll hear nothing from the right speaker, then some crackling, and then bits of audio will cut in and out like there's a bad connection, and then after a few minutes, it'll be ok, but then it will go bad again. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem on a regular basis. Frankly, it's driving me crazy.

Facts:
    1. I have brand new Bose speakers with brand new speaker cables.
    2. This problem occurred with my old speakers.
    3. I've reversed the speaker cables and the problem switches.
    4. I've connected the right speaker to the B channel and the problem still exists.
    5. I have a Panasonic S-VHS, Sony CD and DVD players hooked into the receiver.
    6. The problem mainly happens with the S-VHS, but will happen with the CD player. I haven't tested it with the DVD player.
    7. I took my receiver in for repair and they couldn't find anything wrong. They did however resolder all the inputs and the microcontroller. They tested it and said it was ok, unfortunately, the problem still persists for me.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any thoughts on how I can solve this problem, I'd be very happy. Feel free to bombard me with questions. Thanks.

- Schwim3x6 :cool: