1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVCA11XV

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by LicensedTaximan, Aug 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    Just got back from our hols which I always feel we are privileged to be able to have given that some time ago, for seven years in a row actually, we couldn't afford one. :thumbsup:

Anyway now I'm back I wanted to know from anyone who has one of these amps and what the quality of the straight stereo is like. Yes I did ask this question before but more of you may have purchased said item and therefore more of you may be able to give some type of appraisal. :smashin:

By the way I believe the next issue of Hi-Fi News is doing a review of this son of behemoth, but whether they are testing its av credentials or its stereo quality I don't know. I realise it probably won't match £2k stand alone hi-fi amps, and I accept every body has a preference but to have some idea of its hi-fi sound would be appreciated. :)

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    A review is in Home Cinema Choice this month.

3. LicensedTaximan

LicensedTaximan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    Yes I know I get maggie on sub, but it is always good to know what actual purchasers of the product feel. ;)

4. DeafPhil

DeafPhil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is going to be much help, but here goes.

I've recently bought the A11XV and have used it with my NAD C521 BEE CD Player.

I used to have a Yamaha AX750ES Amp and CD's sounded better through the Sterio cable (which was a quality interconnect) rather than the Digitial Coax. Now I have the Denon the sterio is definately better through the Digital Coax. The CD I noticed a big improvement on more than anything was Gwen Stefani's latest album. The one thing I noticed more than anything was the bass, on the Yamaha I had to turn off the sub as the bass was horrible and drowned everything else out in sterio mode, but in surround mode the bass was just right. On the denon I can leave the sub alone and it sounds great in both surround and sterio mode.

As you can probably tell the Amp is siginificantly better than the rest of my kit, so now Ive got to go and spend more money getting it all upgraded!

5. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I auditioned the 11XV when I bought my 1AX, as an all rounder it is a fantastic piece of kit, Denon really are on a roll.

However if you compare the 11AX to a pure Denon (or other good brand) Stereo Amp you will notice that the 11AX is not quite as sharp.