Denon AVC X8500H Owner's thread

very interesting , My Yamaha DSP-Z7 is rated at 140W RMS x5 and If I push it to +12 on the volume dial my whole room shakes (7mx4m), I'm not sure how may watts are I am getting in real life from my Yamaha , but I would not be happy with less than what I have now!
As the brochure for Roll Royce says...
"adequate" ;)
Most websites do not have the finances to do a benchtest, but given that the 7200 with similar capacitance could do 7 times 90-100, this amp with 13 channels will pump out maybe 20-30W less per channels in an all channels drive mode?
But in most situations, we don't do that, and the subwoofer takes most of the heavy lifting anyway..

very interesting , My Yamaha DSP-Z7 is rated at 140W RMS x5 and If I push it to +12 on the volume dial my whole room shakes (7mx4m), I'm not sure how may watts are I am getting in real life from my Yamaha , but I would not be happy with less than what I have now!
+12 Why the hell do you feel the need to do that?
Anyway you must think the Z7 is a gold standard that you want to maintain
I used to own a Z7 although very good was left behind in the dirt year's ago by the competition
At the moment i have a 7200 waiting on the 8500
How many speakers do you use with the Z7?
Unless you are going to utilise Atmos and DTS:X by adding the appropriate speaker layout save yourself some money and look elsewhere

The x8500 can peak at 2800 watts.

It’s 900 Watts is worked out on 1/8 of power on all channels.

Im running 7.2.6 and I can tell you the power is ample.

It’s about quality not just power.

I used to power a disco with 15 Watts per channel.

I purchased this beast on the day it was released. It’s now gone up to 3499.

It’s worth every penny imho.

Last edited:

Denon say that the maximum power draw from the wall is 900 watts. Class A/B is around 65% efficient. So that's 585 watts, if you take off 85 watts for powering the other parts of the AVR (pre-amps, video boards etc) that is 500 watts left for the speakers.

So, if it peaks at 2800 watts, that means it can store 2300 watts in capacitors? That's impressive, is that usual, as it seems a lot, but I am not sure how much power is usually stored in amplifiers for peaks?

Denon say that the maximum power draw from the wall is 900 watts. Class A/B is around 65% efficient. So that's 585 watts, if you take off 85 watts for powering the other parts of the AVR (pre-amps, video boards etc) that is 500 watts left for the speakers.

So, if it peaks at 2800 watts, that means it can store 2300 watts in capacitors? That's impressive, is that usual, as it seems a lot, but I am not sure how much power is usually stored in amplifiers for peaks?

Whatever it does it’s great❤️

+12 Why the hell do you feel the need to do that?
Anyway you must think the Z7 is a gold standard that you want to maintain
I used to own a Z7 although very good was left behind in the dirt year's ago by the competition
At the moment i have a 7200 waiting on the 8500
How many speakers do you use with the Z7?
Unless you are going to utilise Atmos and DTS:X by adding the appropriate speaker layout save yourself some money and look elsewhere

Yep no wonder my wife keeps calling me and I don't hear her!. I intend to move from 5.1 to 7.2.4 setup, I had the DSP-Z7 for 9 years and it is time to change, I Never had a Denon before this was my 3rd Yamaha since the year 2000, but recently I am not impressed with the new Amp form Yamaha , apart from their separate 11 channel power amp and separate processor but they are almost double the price of the Denon

Sound pretty good to me , I'm falling for it!

Im running 7.2.6 and I can tell you the power is ample.

It’s about quality not just power.

I used to power a disco with 15 Watts per channel.

I purchased this beast on the day it was released. It’s now gone up to 3499.

Is still worth every penny!
this is pretty good testament , thanks

So far, I have checked for the Auro Update over 20 times this month.

Why the urgency?
I never had Auro and want to give it a play. I also watch a fair amount of Hulu which is in stereo; I am hoping Auro would do better than Dolby Surround matrixing the programming.

I never had Auro and want to give it a play. I also watch a fair amount of Hulu which is in stereo; I am hoping Auro would do better than Dolby Surround matrixing the programming.
Ah so more for the Auro up mixer
As i understand it unfortunately there is a delay in releasing the Auro firmware unsure as to why this is
instead of continually checking if enabled the Denon should automatically tell you when Auro becomes available

Ah so more for the Auro up mixer
As i understand it unfortunately there is a delay in releasing the Auro firmware unsure as to why this is
instead of continually checking if enabled the Denon should automatically tell you when Auro becomes available
I decided to check it while reading this post. I have that option enabled; I still will check so many times that I will crash their servers. Then they will give it to me early, so I will take the strain off their network.

I got my receiver last week and gonna be setting it up this weekend. But i'm wondering how to setup speakers, currently running bi-amp on my fronts in a 5.1 system. How do I set this up in the Denon receiver to use bi-amp on fronts only since other speakers can't use bi-amp? Do I set it up as 5.1 system with all bi-amp? Bi-amp connection AVR-X8500H

I got my receiver last week and gonna be setting it up this weekend. But i'm wondering how to setup speakers, currently running bi-amp on my fronts in a 5.1 system. How do I set this up in the Denon receiver to use bi-amp on fronts only since other speakers can't use bi-amp? Do I set it up as 5.1 system with all bi-amp? Bi-amp connection AVR-X8500H

Nope set as 11.1 and then when you run audyssey the speakers that you don’t have will be sorted by the amp.

I have my fronts bi-amped in a 5.1.4 configuration.

does anyone know why they decided to raise the price on the X8500 from £3299 to £3500???? im about to buy one next week and it just sucks i have to pay even more now lol

does anyone know why they decided to raise the price on the X8500 from £3299 to £3500???? im about to buy one next week and it just sucks i have to pay even more now lol

I'd imagine it is due to the original stocks drying up and new imports costing more to buy due to the a weaker UK pound compared to US dollars?

The receivers aren't made in the UK.

I'd imagine it is due to the original stocks drying up and new imports costing more to buy due to the a weaker UK pound compared to US dollars?

The receivers aren't made in the UK.

i know they are made in japan i just never thought of that. thanks for the reply

i know they are made in japan i just never thought of that. thanks for the reply

Was the Marantz 8012 that you just bought not good enough Jez?

Attachments

• AVC X8500H Auro-3D.JPG
    AVC X8500H Auro-3D.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 100

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom