Denon AVC-X4700H AV Receiver Review & Comments

I'm thinking of purchasing this receiver. Does anyone get any issues with HDMI switching and the TV turning on and off correctly when turning the receiver on? I had a lot of handshake issues with a Sony STR1080 receiver I had previously in this area and don't want to experience the same again.

Also what is it like for music listening especially when connected to an external power amp?

I'm thinking of purchasing this receiver. Does anyone get any issues with HDMI switching and the TV turning on and off correctly when turning the receiver on? I had a lot of handshake issues with a Sony STR1080 receiver I had previously in this area and don't want to experience the same again.

Also what is it like for music listening especially when connected to an external power amp?
The handshake issues tend to be specific to the two models involved (TV and AVR)

If you want to verify whether there might be handshake issues, you would need to provide details of the TV or Projector you are attaching... and hope that someone who already has an X4700, also has the same TV, and can report back.

Anyone with a different TV, would not be able to provide feedback of relevance.

and by the way, this applies to ALL AVR's and ALL TV's.... a large part of the complaints for every single brand of AVR, are handshake complaints.

Sorry to bother you, question if I may, on the AVC-X4700H, if you wanted to use zone 2 or 3, is it possible to stop sending audio to the main zone? I can't see that specified on this link...
Just to answer my own question for anyone else who wishes to only send audio to zone 2 or 3 and not main zone, I reached out to Denon and they kindly said:-
"Yes, this is possible by turning off the sound in the Main Zone, however please note that it is not possible to listen to HEOS Music on Zone 2 and Zone 3 if the Main Zone is not set as HEOS Music first."

What's the difference between the Denon AVC-X4700H and the AVC-X4700 (No H) on sale at Richer Sounds? Link

Also, is it possible to set up the AVC-X4700H to use a 5.2.1 system?
(L, C, R, LeftSurround, RightSurround. Left front height, right front height, 1x Sub.

What's the difference between the Denon AVC-X4700H and the AVC-X4700 (No H) on sale at Richer Sounds? Link

Also, is it possible to set up the AVC-X4700H to use a 5.2.1 system?
(L, C, R, LeftSurround, RightSurround. Left front height, right front height, 1x Sub.

Nothing, it’s the same thing

And yeah, you can set it up that way

Last edited:
I guess the H means HEOS included. Just the Richer Sounds site hasn't put the H in the description. Yet the photo clearly shows H and as Joe C said, there isn't a H and non H version.

Its the same thing and most likely an error on the listing name as "H" has been mark for HEOS for as long as I remember

Yes, I have a AVR-X4300H and looking at the AVC-X4700H as an update. I have 3 x HEOS speakers so need to stay with Denon for that. I see they dropped the Receiver for R and use online services only now.

Yes, I have a AVR-X4300H and looking at the AVC-X4700H as an update. I have 3 x HEOS speakers so need to stay with Denon for that. I see they dropped the Receiver for R and use online services only now.
The receivers with an " R " prefix had analogue radio tuners.

Simple question please and I think I know the answer, am I right to think I can't output to bluetooth headphones other than on the main zone?

Simple question please and I think I know the answer, am I right to think I can't output to bluetooth headphones other than on the main zone?
Answered my own question, think Bluetooth output is only main zone.

Thought aha - I'll just go old school and plug some headphones into the front socket, assuming that would work with other zones - sadly that's only main zone too.

So if I wanted to use phones on zone 2 or 3 I think it would need to go via a device on the rca zone 2 or 3 connections on the back?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom