Denon avc-x3700h connection issues with Asus ax86u on multeq app

83Gaga

Active Member
Hi. Been a while. But alway been reading this forums which help me, guilde me getting new tv and home cinema packages over last two years. Which was very helpful.

Anyway I seem to have problems getting the multeq app to connect with the mics and/or going through calibration stage which not really responding.

The problem is everytime I ask to plug the mic in - the next button either won't come available or just take forever to light up the next button once mic plug in. And when it does, its seem to go on and on while it should be checking subwoofer level.

I remember it gave me the problem before and I believe I got it working by changing something on the router which I forgot what was it. I try on and off with different setting. And no luck.

Last time I did it was before Xmas and I gave up. And connect to old backup bt router temporarily go I can go through the calibration process. But this time I like to get this working.

So I do believe it something to do the asus router. I sure i got it working by turn something on or off. I think it went back to default mode after I done firmware update last year. Now I cant remember what I did to get it working. And why bt router work fine but not the asus?

Have anyone have similar problems?

Thanks
 

Dolus

Well-known Member
The problem is everytime I ask to plug the mic in - the next button either won't come available or just take forever to light up the next button once mic plug in. And when it does, its seem to go on and on while it should be checking subwoofer level.
That seems to be a problem with the current version of the ap 1.7. It happens with me, checking the subwoofer level just goes on and on. It eventually finishes then checks the 2nd sub level then a long wait until it decides to do the left front speaker. After that everything goes fine.

As for the mic problem, try plugging the mic in before running the app see if that makes a difference.

I don't think its a router problem as the app has to find your receiver first before you can do a new measurement.
 

Jase

Distinguished Member
That seems to be a problem with the current version of the ap 1.7. It happens with me, checking the subwoofer level just goes on and on. It eventually finishes then checks the 2nd sub level then a long wait until it decides to do the left front speaker. After that everything goes fine.

As for the mic problem, try plugging the mic in before running the app see if that makes a difference.

I don't think its a router problem as the app has to find your receiver first before you can do a new measurement.
I found power cycling the AVR off and on, force stopping the App (Android) and clearing it's cache sorts that for me. Was testing today as they're used to be a bug where if you had dual subs it would set the distance/delay incorrectly if the nearest sub was plugged into the SW2 output. If it was in the SW1 output it would detect the correct distance/delay and match what you'd get via the AVR.

Whilst that now appears to be sort of fixed it now only sets the correct distance/delay for the sub on the SW2 output the first time you run the App. If you run the App a second time straight afterwards, not only does it hang and wait, it also sets the sub distance/delay on the SW2 output incorrectly. On mine it kept setting both subs to the same distance.

Long story short. Power cycle the AVR, force stop and clear the App cache (Android) each time you use it. Especially if you're running dual subs and the nearest sub is on the SW2 output otherwise the distance/delay will be wrong.
 
Last edited:

Dolus

Well-known Member
Thanks Jase.
I have to admit I had no idea what 'force stop and clear the App cache' meant. I had to Google it and found out it was an Android thing. I run the Multeq app on Android emulators on my PC. Luckily the emulators includes those functions. It seemed to make a marginal difference to the wait time for checking the level on sub one.

I did notice that there had been an update a week ago to V1.7.1, a bug fix and general housekeeping. Updating made no difference. I use two emulators Bluestacks & Memu as I couldn't really separate them as one being better than the other.
 

Jase

Distinguished Member
Thanks Jase.
I have to admit I had no idea what 'force stop and clear the App cache' meant. I had to Google it and found out it was an Android thing. I run the Multeq app on Android emulators on my PC. Luckily the emulators includes those functions. It seemed to make a marginal difference to the wait time for checking the level on sub one.

I did notice that there had been an update a week ago to V1.7.1, a bug fix and general housekeeping. Updating made no difference. I use two emulators Bluestacks & Memu as I couldn't really separate them as one being better than the other.
I'll edit my reply and add in Android. I noticed the new update so was testing it to see if the dual sub bug was fixed or not.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom