Denon AVC-X3700H audio quality

MicroMan

Having my AVC-X3700H delivered next week and have a question regarding the sound quality for playing audio files compared to a dedicated HI-FI amp.
I currently have a Cambridge Audio Azur 651A amplifier which I use to play flac files from a NAS drive into Q Acoustics tower speakers, do you think that there will be a noticeable drop in audio quality playing the flac files via the Denon. Most things that I have read say that audio quality is poor from an AVR but it would be much simpler for me to use the Denon for both video and audio otherwise I will have to have an amplifier/speaker switch in my setup.

quatter

Most of the Denon AVRs aren't that great with music.

Having my AVC-X3700H delivered next week and have a question regarding the sound quality for playing audio files compared to a dedicated HI-FI amp.
I currently have a Cambridge Audio Azur 651A amplifier which I use to play flac files from a NAS drive into Q Acoustics tower speakers, do you think that there will be a noticeable drop in audio quality playing the flac files via the Denon. Most things that I have read say that audio quality is poor from an AVR but it would be much simpler for me to use the Denon for both video and audio otherwise I will have to have an amplifier/speaker switch in my setup.

Had the Denon for a couple of weeks, it is not as good for music as my previous Pioneer SC-LX79, and won't be anywhere near your Cambridge amp . If it doesn't have an HT passthrough then as you say you would benefit from having a switch.

BionX

Novice Member
3700 is outstanding for music maybe because the sound from my previous 2600 was worse like night and day the transaction made the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom