Denon AVC-X3700H audio dropouts when display is off

Tony_Mac

Established Member
Reaction score
HI There

I use my Denon AVR for music playback and generally I prefer to cast/chromecast audio (usually using youtube music) from my Samsung phone to the Nvidia Shield. I have a Sony AH8 OLED connected to the AVR.

I have no need to have the TV on when listening to music however I notice that if the TV is off, the music/audio will start to drop out after a few minutes (sometimes it will work fine for a song or two but it does eventually start to drop out). If I switch the TV on the problem goes away. The problem is reproducible with the Nvidia Shield and a Google Chromestick connected to the AVR.

As a workaround (and to try and be green/energy efficient) I use the TV's option to switch the picture off but still be powered up but this is rather clunky.

I have a Onkyo receiver in a different room and I get no such issues with casting audio (in that case I use a google chromecast stick in the AVR).

Tony

I had the exact same issues. I have Chromecast and FireTV and a Sony A8H TV. The only difference in my setup is that I have a Pioneer vsx-934 AV receiver.

I came to this website to ask for help and came across this post. I looked at my HDMI out settings as mentioned in the above post and noticed there's a settings for screensaver that was set to 3 minutes. I turned screensaver off. Unfortunately the issue reappeared on the third song. For a moment I thought disabling screen saver resolved my issue. Maybe it would work for you as you're using Denon?

Hi there, I kinda gave up on this issue and switched over to Spotify so that I could use the Denon AVR's Spotify connect support; this has no issue with TV being on or off etc. I have in recent days though started casting YTM to the Shield with the TV off and the dropout issue is nowhere near as bad as it was. There has been at least one firmware update to the AVR during the gap so possibly that has improved the situation. I do still get a very occasional drop out but nothing like the amount I was getting a few months back.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom