• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

denon avc-a1xva - is it true?

T

The WB

spoke to the guys at denon today, they told me with the upgrade/new machine you can do diagnostic checks via pc or the net and apparantley going through the net they give you software updates for free. has anyone else heard that? or has anyone who has the new machine connected via pc, is it true? also does denon have a special website that gives you software updates?

thankyou

Jase

Distinguished Member
Certainly has the ability for remote diagnostic checks. As for software updates that will be down to whether Denon release any or not. It is possible to update the units firmware with a pc.

B

binda

just had my a1xva upgraded and returned.
had a quick read of the upgrade manual included with it and according to it,you can connect an ethernet cable from it directly to your router to access denon radio automatically and connect to your pc running windows media connect to play all your music. dont know though about upgrading of firmware until i set up the amp and have a proper run through.

J

javry

Binda,
Can you give some impressions about this amp. I'm seriously considering one as a xmas gift to myself.

B

binda

honestly, just get one if ya can. it is a really good amp

has everything u could want on an amp.
i will be setting mine up this weekend and will let ya know how better it is now with the 1080p upgrade.

Moviebuff

honestly, just get one if ya can. it is a really good amp

has everything u could want on an amp.
i will be setting mine up this weekend and will let ya know how better it is now with the 1080p upgrade.

Just out of curiosity how long did they take to upgrade it, and how much did it cost? I was quoted 4 weeks & £850 a while back - just curious if that sounds about right.

Cheers

Jerry

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom