Denon AVC-A1XV or Arcam DiVA AVP700/P1000?

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

Surely I would be better off getting the Denon as opposed to the Arcam pair?

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
Why?

madshi

The Denon surely has more features (like Room-EQ etc). However, the Arcam combo should probably sound better - especially with music.

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
Jase said:
Listen to them both and make your own mind up. :)
Hear hear! ;)

Henry

Cable Monkey said:
Hear hear! ;)
Definitely, can't believe anyone would be parting with that much cash without listening to it. Never understand all these people who just buy stuff without ever demo'ing it first! It's such fun!:D

K

kmhtkmhtkmht

Is there much difference between a 100 quid amp and a 4000 quid one?

I remember all my uncles always saying it's just a couple percent of difference in sound quality between the two...

Cable Monkey

Novice Member
That is a bit like asking what the difference is between a Mini and a Rolls Royce. Both designed to do the same thing, each in its own unique and appealing way. You need to find what appeals to you.

pragmatic

If your gonna spend that sort of money you really should demo, also there will be very few if any places that will sell them over the internet so you might as well demo if your going to a store to buy it.

DLau

Standard Member
I had this same challenge prior to buying my A1XV a fwe weeks back.

First of all like people have said you really need to listen to both options, if not for any other reason than we are all different and regardless of what other people and reviews say YOU might not like the sound !

I demo'd both of these set-ups and the Denon was a no brainer for me, it is not only fantastic for both music and movies but it is so flexible.

The Arcam was great but was not as strong in the Home Cinema sound (by a noticable stretch). Depending on what your main use will be this might affect your choice. Having said that and as a long term Arcam fan the Denon IS very impressive in HiFi mode with pure and direct sound options.

Hope this helps

Darren

A verp happy AVC A1XV owner