1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-A1SE

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dom, Jan 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dom

Dom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is highly probably that this will be AMP that is to be installed in my home cinema setup. Just curious as to the best price people have seen this for sale at. Both imports and UK models. Let us know your findings. Ta

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    I´ve seen them for 1900 on the web.

Paid 2 grand for mine from a Denon dealer in the UK.

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Dom

You may or may not be aware of the upgraded model that's due to be released sometime early this year (the US equivalent AVR-5803 will be available soon, we normally get the European version a couple of months later).

As such, you might want to consider this new model, or wait for the new model to be released and get the AVC-A1SE at a discount.

Interestingly, the AVC-A1SE can be upgraded to almost the same specification as the new model by Denon UK, as far as I'm aware the only differences are video transcoder capability (composite/S-Video to component) and a 3.5mm control port on the back panel.

Keep us posted as to what you decide to do,

Mark

4. Dom

Dom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guys.

I shall wait until the new one is released and then get the avc-a1se at a discount, and follow the upgrade path if the new features are worth the money.

Cheers.