1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-A1SE to AVR-3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bruce1310, Dec 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently own an AVC-A1SE and have just purchased a DVD-3910. I would like to make use of Denon Link but can't with the current amp.

Here's the dilema: I would love to change amp to AVC-A1SRA but can't afford to so am considering the AVR-3805. Will I notice a difference in sound quallity...hoping not, due to advances in tech. Also, will I miss the THX post proccessing which is not on the 3805? What the 3805 has that the A1se doesn't is Up Conversion to component...how well does this work??

I suppose the bottom line is, am I better off with the A1SE or the new 3805?? Comments would be appreciated...many thanks.

2. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also...

If I did sell the AVC-A1SE where would the best place be to do that? Ebay? And what would a reasonable price be??

Thanks

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +895
    A standard A1SE should fetch around 700 quid. It might be worth enquiring with Denon to see if they can upgrade it for you, you'll gain Denon Link as well as a complete new Digital board including Processors, DAC's etc. Also gets updated with pretty much every format except PLIIx. They would need to upgrade the Denon Link to the Second Edition as well.

The 3910 Denon Link is compatible with the Second Edition Denon Link of the A1SE/A1SR (according to Denon USA).

As it stands in a head to head with an A1SE and 3805 the A1SE has far superior amplification but it's processing is behind the 3805.

4. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    The A1SE will blow a 3805 out of the water.
    The only thing the 3805 has that you might want is probably DPLII, however DTS Neo 6 is pretty much same thing.

Don't sell your A1SE for 3805, but do consider getting it upgraded.

I have an upgraded A1SE and its going nowhere!