1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC A1SE flap won't stay closed !

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by JH4, Feb 12, 2005.

1. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Apologies for this minor problem query, but the front flap on my Denon A1SE won't stay closed ( ie. up ) any more. Nothing seems obviously broken, but I can't see how it works, and I'm reluctant to take the whole thing apart because of all the de-connecting of cables involved. Does anyone out there know how it stays in the closed position ?
    Many thanks in advance.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Have you tried blue tac?
    If it's just a cosmetic thing then that wil solve it.
    Or you could try one of those door magnets, like on kitchen cabnets, i think you can get them with a sicky back.

3. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Yeh Thanks for that. I've since discovered that you can pull off the 'drawbridge'. The left hand side has a toothed cog which should locate with a friction wheel inside the box, but does'nt appear to do so. Nothing looks broken, but I've fixed it with a magnet from Homebase, which does the trick !

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Simple ones are always the best, although its a shame you can't get it to work 'properly' but i suppose there will be no differecen in practice between the orional and new solution.