1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC A1SE Best Price!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RichardM, Sep 26, 2001.

Tags:
  1. RichardM

RichardM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Complete novice at large so please be gentle!After much convincing not only the other half, but also myself, I have decided to go for the Denon AVC A1SE instead of it's smaller brothe the 3802, can anyone out there advise a good, (buy that I mean cheap) place to part with my hard earned cash. Have seen a couple of online prices around the £1900 mark. Also, can I be sure they are not Grey imports, and if they are not 'ortharised' dealers, will I have a problem when I come to upgrade to DPII. One last thing, can anyone suggest a good speaker package for this beast. Have considered the B&W S2, Monitor Audio Silver series and the Castle CAV2 packages.<br />Any views on these, or other suggestions much appreciated. Budget 2K max due amp will be leaving me a bit short of cash!

2. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,014
    hi mate..<br />got mine a couple of months ago after walking into a few places on Tottenham Court Road..it's official UK and cost £2200..but at leats if I ever have a problem I can walk into the shop and get it sorted..personally I wouldn;t but such a large/expensive product online..that's my opinion anyway..<br />and you wont regret it..I thought my Yamaha DSP A1 was the biz...until I got this...

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it seems that everyone prefer the A1SE than the AX1.

when is the replacement of A1SE coming out? is it later this year?

4. RichardM

RichardM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice museum steve! Can you tell me which shop you brought yours in, as getting into London is not too easy for me at the moment, so a phone call might be a good start for me! Was that the shelf price, or did you beat the man down? Also, what speakers do you use with in your set-up?

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Chris

The A1SE is not due for replacement as yet, an upgrade is planned for it which will include Pro-Logic 2, DTS 24/96, THX post processing for DTS Discreet and a few other things, the actual date for this has not been confirmed.

No doubt there will be a replacement for the A1SE but it wont be for a while.

cheers

6. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if the AVC A1SE is a bit rich for your blood, why not hang on for the AVC 11SR instead. It is a nice happy medium between the 3802 and the 1SE, and will have PL2 when you buy it.

cheers

7. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    SDB are selling the AVC-A1se for around £1800, but they are not an authorized dealer,<br />Best to use an authorized deal so when the upgrade come early next year ( and that is now confirmed) there will be no problems getting it also you get 2 years guarantee

Steve

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can you find some info about the AVC-11SR then?

Andy

9. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you want the milk instead of the cream check out Avland and if you want to speak to somebody ask for Kingsley Smith. If you want to buy the cats' whiskers get the AVC-A1SE but bear in mind that you will have to fork out about £300 early next year for it to be upgraded to all the very latest sound formats (which the lower models already have!). It depends how keen you really are. I have a gold AVC-A1SE and I asked Denon for their Gold Dealer list (the only ones who can officially sell the AVC-A1SE) to make sure I only bought from an official dealer. You *will* easily source a genuine one under £2,000 inc p&p. Some dealers will want to charge you full price £2,500 (bye, bye!) but others will be very willing to negotiate. DON'T buy a grey!

Go for it, you *need* this amp!

Regards

Jim :D

10. Jim Robson

Jim Robson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Originally from the wonderful Granite City, Aberde
    Ratings:
    +1
    PS I've just noticed that there's a 'pre-owned' gold AVC-A1SE in the HCC Classifieds section for £1,400!

Regards

Jim :D

11. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Yup, my AVCA1SE on the classifieds at £1400 with warranty and not a grey import has to be the best "on-line" price !! ;)