1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC - A1SE. Best Price

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by steve k, Apr 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Can Anyone throw light on who is doing the best price for the Denon av amp, also looking for price of B&W CDM 9NT Fronts Series Speakers,CDM SNT Surronds, CDM CNT center and Sub.
    Just so I'v got some ammo when I go to buy some gear.
    thanks for any help
    Steve ;)

2. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SDB in Chiswick are advertising 1900GBP if they have stock - often supply and demand dictates they up the price to 2000. BOS Electronics are also quoting 2000GBP, and PRC or PMC or whatever they are called (advertise in HCC) will do deals for around 2000 GBP. You are unlikely to find a genuine UK model for less than 2000 GBP - make sure if you buy an import that it is the European version with a warranty that covers GB. Some companies are grey importing from Asia which has the same model.

3. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW, good selection on the speakers but make sure you have a good listen before buying - there are lots of variations in this price bracket.

Have fun!

4. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I am aware, the UK, European and Asian models are functionally identical - there are two world models: one for the USA and one for the rest of the world (sounds familiar!)

However, the differences lie in the warranties that apply from the manufacturer. In America there are concerns that Denon will not honour warranties when unit have been bought online from a bulk buyer such as our equivalent of "Jungle". In this vain, we can probably suggest that importing a unit will invalidate its warranty unless you take it back to the country of origin to claim.

So basically - get a statement (written if poss.) that the warranty on the model they are offering is pukka before allowing them to relieve you of your cash. Alternatively take the chance - but there have been a few problems posted on this site.....mainly due to its weight and the likelihood that transport will treat it a little rougher than is ideal. It is exceptionally heavy and easy to drop!

Don't be put off though, there isn't a better integrated amp for the money to my knowledge.

5. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I to am looking to buy the Denon at the end of this month,

What is the diference between the UK spec., the European Import and the Asian Import?

I've heard a rumour that some of the imports may not be able to upgrade to Dolby Pro. II.

Does anyone know what the score is (I'd hate buy the wrong box for the sake of £100, but £100 goes 1/8th of a way towards a Rel Sub....)

Please help.... :confused:

6. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26