1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-A11SR - quick response needed.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Garfield, Apr 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the chance of acquiring an AVC-A11SR for less than £800 - should I take his arm off or pass it by?

2. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New or SH

3. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    S/H - just under 6 months old

4. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm I do know of one is a shop not 100% sure exactly how much they want for it but they warned me off it when I brought my 3805 recently for the same sort of price. The 3805 has much more modern facilities and DSP modes inc pliix.

See if you can get a chance to hear both, a lot has happened in the AV world since the A11 was released and prices have dropped dramatically. My 3910 is basically the old DVD A11 in a slightly lighter case and better firmware for 1/2 the price.

5. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I was looking at a Pioneer 1014 before this was offered - not sure how much difference there is really - couldn't say I have golden ears thats for sure - I wouldn't know a sound artifact if you played it to me all day.

Need to make a decision because neither are available for long I would guess and one is £400 less than the other ... if I get the Denon I have spent my Sub budget too.

But if the AV11SR is a 'deal not to miss' I am prepared to wait for a sub for a few months.

6. stevefish69

stevefish69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +439
    Bear in mind that i picked up a 18 month old A11SR on Fleabay for £550 not long ago so you may be able to pick one up a bit cheaper.

Well worth the money though. Very happy with the purchase as an upgrade from a A10SE.

7. Garfield

Garfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses.

I weighed things up and got myself a Pioneer VSX-1014-S for £380 spanking and not graded etc, it arrives tomorrow.

I got it principly because of cost and the features offered for that cost i.e. THX etc.

The other consideration was that buying the Denon would entail blowing my Sub budget.

I'd love the Denon but the speed AV is moving at it seemed a little dated.

I checked out a Pioneer on Saturday and it seemed a good performer to me. The THD seems a little high on paper but I couldn't hear any trace of distortion. I have to confess I have never fully understood all these figures and they seem to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer - I question the reliability of some of them.