1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-A11SR Question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by rnjones, Jul 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have had this amp for about 18 months now and I am very very happy with it. I am just about to buy a Universal Player (Denon 2900 or Pioneer 757Ai) and will be using the Ext in 5.1 analogue inputs.

I have read the manual at length and gone thorough all the menus on the On screen display but one thing is eluding me.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change or modify the EXT input levels and I do mean INPUT levels. I have already changed output levels on the amp thats straight forward.

Why do I want to do this? Well Bass management really. I f I want to boost the bass input from the Uni player.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Rog

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Hi

I'm afraid not. You can adjust the channel levels of the amp when using the EXTERNAL DECODER Inputs from -12 to +12. The Bass Boost, as it were, is a feature on the Denon 3803 which automatically boosts the SW Input of the EXT Inputs by +15.

The other alternative would be to do it at the dvd player end, you should be able to adjust the channel levels that way as well.

3. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jase, thanks I thought I might be loosing it from a gadget/technical point of view when I couldnt find the menu.

I need to investigate both players to see what they can do. Denon looks fav for this.

Rog