Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon AVC-A11SR as pre-amp; what is its equivalent standalone product?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by tjobbins, Aug 11, 2005.

1. tjobbins

tjobbins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I currently have a Denon integrated AVC-A11SR which I use for both pre and power amp duties. However I am beginning to move to separate power amps on some channels.

I am also wondering about the pre-amp stage; I am happy with the Denon at the moment, but would like to get an idea as to where it stands against standalone pre-amps.

For example, how does it compare against a Rotel 1066 or 1068?

I'm just trying to get an idea as to the relative strenghts of the Denon pre-amp, so if I spy any bargains on ebay I will know whether to go for them, and also so I know whether to spend 100% of my future budget on separate amps first, or whether, after I've got separate amps for my front channels, whether a different pre-amp would then be the correct step

Thanks!

Tom