Denon AVC-A110 AV Amplifier Review & Comments

MaryWhitehouse

Thanks for the review.

So with 8k only available with a paid upgrade at a later date & 120hz 4K not working. What would be the point of spending £5k here?

keithwiggins

As Steve stated , staggering sound quality, exclusivity , it will hold its value better than the standard receiver and a promise from denon that they will sort the issues with 120/4k that most other av receivers will no doubt have as a result of a chip/firmware problem.

MaryWhitehouse

As Steve stated , staggering sound quality, exclusivity , it will hold its value better than the standard receiver and a promise from denon that they will sort the issues with 120/4k that most other av receivers will no doubt have as a result of a chip/firmware problem.
So no actual features. You’d be crackers to put your money here.

Evinger

A beautiful piece of kit to be sure, & if you are in that "Money to Burn" earnings range, why not?
For myself, I checked & it is exactly 4,999 times more expensive than my present AV budget. Oh well.
🤷‍♂️

keithwiggins

A beautiful piece of kit to be sure, & if you are in that "Money to Burn" earnings range, why not?
For myself, I checked & it is exactly 4,999 times more expensive than my present AV budget. Oh well.
🤷‍♂️
Ditto!

Steve Stifler

I wonder how the new Anthem flagship receiver will compare performance wise? I went from a 7200wa to mrx 720, for ARC Genesis which to me in my system is much more effective.

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
Premium product with premium price.
Would of been nice to have more than one 2.1 input due to the increased price.
It’s going to be interesting how Sound United resolve the 2.1 issues..going forward due it be a hardware issue with the chipset, apparently can’t be resolved by software update.

Either way still a good review.

Thanks” Mr Withers 👍🏼

Phil1975

Distinguished Member
I wonder how the new Anthem flagship receiver will compare performance wise? I went from a 7200wa to mrx 720, for ARC Genesis which to me in my system is much more effective.
Well most people would agree Arc Genesis is way better than Audyssey. Even Steve rates it from memory.
Got my heart set on the MRX740.

JH4

Perfect : apart from the useless component inputs and the lack of a digital audio out.

Dans1210

For what it’s worth the Denon X8500H is THE best measured/reviewed receiver on audiosciencereview the Anthem mrx1120 is a bit further down, I’m keen to try an anthem but Denon products are rock solid. Most of these receivers use the same DACs and dsp chips the main differentiator being room correction, how much you may need that depends entirely on your room. If you have independent subs audyssey may be preferable but seeing as the new Anthems now support independent subs it makes the choice more competitive.

Steve Stifler

Well most people would agree Arc Genesis is way better than Audyssey. Even Steve rates it from memory.
Got my heart set on the MRX740.
If I was upgrading the 740 would be top of my list too :)

Even the Marantz NR1711 has component video connections, but are there really that many legacy products still in use? Even the old SKY HD box with component is long gone.

MaryWhitehouse

MaryWhitehouse

gibbsy

@Steve Withers Good review Steve. Is there any chance of reviewing the SACD player as well.

MaryWhitehouse

jason shep

I Ike Denon but totally agree with the pee taking of all the bull sh*te legacy analogue inputs, just let it go ***!

jason shep

Whty have Denon painted the inside of this unit black? Is it to appease goths?
I can’t stand bull sh*te, I hoped that the fact Denon were prepared to work with the likes of ASR would deter them from brining products like the A110 to market.

Captain Ron

Why buy the 110 with the later hassle of replacing the broken HDMI 2.1 board when you can just buy the 8500H and order the fixed HDMI 2.1 board when it's available and save a bundle in the process?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett