Denon AVC-A10SE Problem

U

u8myufo

Ive had this amp since new with trouble free use, until now.For some reason when I switched on tonight I can get no sound out of any source. Whilst gettting the dolby pro symbol lit up, on the main display it comes up analog only.

I can neither switch over using the input button , as far as I can tell from where the amp is situated at the moment is that the fan is not running, if this is the case I would assume it may have like an auto cut out on it so it cannot process anything untill the fan is repaired or could anybody tell me different?

Has the analog input button or 5.1 bypass button been pressed?

Press the Digital input button next to it (on the front or perhaps also the remote). This is the one that cycles auto/pcm/dts/rf or something, you probably want it on auto.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Rob.

Cheers Rob but that is the problem I cannot cycle through using the input button to auto, dts, etc: I can use all other settings like changing source but it defaults to Analog only and like I say cannot get any sound out

Try resetting the processor. If I recall correctly on the A10SE you hold down the 6.1/7.1 Surround & DIRECT buttons on the front panel whilst turning the Power ON. Hold a few seconds and the display will flash. This re-initializes everything. Write down all your Channel Level settings, Delay Times, Digital In Assignments etc as you will have to re-input them all.

Hopefully that should cure it. :)

Also thinking about it, perhaps somehow the digital assignment input associations have been lost.

I think if a particular input doesn't have a digital input then it stays on analog, quite sensibly.

Failing that Jase's reset idea sound a good 'un.

cheers,
Rob.

Ok cheers guys , still not in a position to look at the mo cause It looks like Im being made redundant this week plus the landlord wants us out the house plus (LOL) were packing up ready to move. Just one last word though nobody had touched the amp since the night before it whent like this so Im just wondering can it be a hardware fault.

They can sometimes just throw a wobbler for no reason at all and the reset will usually cure this. It's also worth checking your cabling, in case that's not sitting correctly. Maybe worth swapping cables over if you can as I've had a couple of Optical cables that have packed up for no reason. Try the cable into a different input as well. :)

Thanks all for your help or should I say input, I did the reset and it looks ok, now getting auto dts and pcm. It will just have to wait now cause for all the messing about to get at it I`ve packed it up ready for the move, and whilst I was at it gave it a could clean out with the air can cough! splutter!

Thanks once again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom