1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-A10SE -> AVC-A1SR.A11SR Upgrade, Advice Reqd

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by petecowie, Dec 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Am getting to the point where I want to upgrade my amp and am after someadvice. I currently Have an AVC-A10SE and a POA-T3 Power Amp which I am looking to upgrade to Either an AVC-A1SE with SR upgrade or an AVC-A11SR. Have decided I want to stay with Denon after having my current for the last couple of years. I have a few questions that would like answers to.
    Is the upconvert to component on the AVC-A1SR available on an upgraded AVC-A1SE and is it worth bothering with? I am feeding the signal into a Pioneer 503(something or other!) High Def 50" Plasma screen.
    Any ideas of what I should expect to get for my two bits of kit?, guess they will be going on ebay......
    What price should I look at paying for the two amps I am looking at?

Anyone think of any good reasons why I should be buying different kit?
    My DVD player will no doubt get changed sometime in the new year if this makes any difference.

Sorry this is a bit general, just looking for some professional opinions!!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +891
    The upgrade to the A1SE doesn't include Video Upconversion. If you specifically want this then you need to get an A1SR or the later A1SRA (has PLIIx, HDCD, Denon Link 3). The A11SR doesn't have Video Upconversion either.

Pricewise, an upgraded A1SE should be available for around a grand or so. An A1SR for a few hundred more and the A1SRA nearer to two grand although you should be able to get a brand new one for that. The A11SR can be picked up for around 700-800 quid.

If you don't mind waiting a little bit then the A1SRA and A11SR replacements are due early 2005. The replacement for the A1SRA is a monster and will be around 4000 quid. The A11SR replacement gets most of the Flagship's funky features (MultEQ XT Room EQ, HDMI/DVI switching etc) but should be around half the price.

Your current A10SE should fetch around 400-500 quid and the POA T3 around 150-200 quid.

3. Seanmac

Seanmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also upgrading but sticking with Denon, currently selling my A11SR and looking at the Nww replacement 4805 2K approx (due 2005) or a A1SRA.But the A11SR is a fine amplifier only reason i,m selling is I have to loose my HI FI system ( no space for 2 systems) so need a more powerful amp to do everything.

4. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    An upgraded AVC-A1SE went for £901 on ebay yesterday, only xmas present buying stopped me from going for it! How much are you going to sell your AVC-A11SR for?

5. Seanmac

Seanmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! Pete :hiya:

I was hoping to get between 700 and 800, as I am a long way of my AVC - A1SR , but as a fellow forum member I would let it go for £700 cash.I am also selling my speakers to fund my purchase.Its boxed up with manual etc.. and lots of reviews stuff all mint condition.