Denon AVC-4700H - Headphone Suggestions Please ?

Razglaws

Morning all

Another question / query / bit of advice please ?

My sky q UHD and UHD blu-ray are running through to my Denon 4700H and onto my Philips OLED 805 tv beautifully now, with thanks to all of you with the previous questions.
TV and sound calibrated beautifully and Atmos / vision all good etc
Apple TV 4K soon to be plugged in aswell, so thought we were done ......................

With x 3 boys under 8, my TV watching time is when they're in bed, so can't crank the sound system as much, so got me thinking of getting some decent headphones to link up with the Denon for TV watching.
A can of worms has been opened and where do I start ?

I understand that stereo output is the only option from the Denon, so it's never going to sound like the Atmos etc, but what can I get quality wise ?
Amp bluetooth specs state: SBC codec only ? no apt-x ?

Bluetooth section​

Communications system:Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2
Transmission power:Bluetooth Specification Power Class 1
Maximum communication range:Approx. 98.4 ft/30 m in line of sight ∗2
Used frequency range:2.4 GHz
Modulation scheme:FHSS (Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum)
Supported profiles:Receiver function
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) 1.2
AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) 1.5
Transmitter function
A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) 1.2
Corresponding codec:SBC
Transmission range (A2DP):20 Hz – 20,000 Hz
The actual communication range varies depending on the influence of such factors as obstructions between devices, electromagnetic waves from microwave ovens, static electricity, cordless phones, reception sensitivity, antenna performance, operating system, application software etc.

So Bluetooth or wired headphones ? was thinking wired but some saying convenience of bluetooth and also the quality is better nowadays. Do you miss the quality going bluetooth ?
Don't need noise cancelling. I think closed back headphones.
Do we then dive into needing an headphone amp or a bluetooth transmitter ?
I will at somepoint look to network my music via the denon (if heos works !), if that effects my headphone selection.

Have spoken to a couple of dealers and whilst super helpful, I do seem to be getting slightly conflicting thoughts ?

Could anyone give me any 'starters for ten' please ?

As always many thanks and much appreciated in advance !

Ps not sure which forum to post this one on, so have posted on AV amp and also the headphone forum, apologies if this is wrong and please delete accordingly.

gibbsy

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom