Denon AVC-4700 not outputting height and rear surround at same time

SenduB

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Denon AVC-4700 in pre-amp mode, and went through the initial setup where I got sound out of all speakers: 6 bed layer (FR, FL, SR, SL, SBR, SBL), 4 ceiling speakers intended for atmos height.

So far, however, my attempts to play atmos surround content have only resulted in either 4(FR, FL, SR, SL)+height, or 6+no height.

I was getting the 4+height when using ARC on my LG CX and the internal Dolby app. Then I configured the TV with eARC and digital passthrough. Now the same app only gives me 6+no height.

I tried an Apple TV 4K plugged directly in to the AVR with the Plex app which has the lossless atmos demos from Dolby Trailers - The Digital Theater in its library, and again I have just 6+no height. The ATV says in settings it will do atmos when available.

Should I be able to get all channels outputting audio with these sources? If so, what setting might I be missing?

Hi, I'd post this on the owner's forum here (sorry the link is to my post there):

Hi, I'd post this on the owner's forum here (sorry the link is to my post there):

Thanks, this was actually just a source issue. Those sources just aren't capable of 7ch with atmos output, so I got a Shield TV which is.

Oh good. Easy fix then. I have a Shield too, very versatile!

Do you know the answer to my question please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom