Denon Avc 3700h no subwoofer on test signal

journey1085

Novice Member
Reaction score
A few days ago i purchased a Denon avc3700h when i came to the set up the test tone came out of all the 9 speakers but nothing came out of the subwoofer which is a REL T2 i have changed the subwoofer cable but still no sound comes out of the sub it was working with my previous denon avr 3300 have tried every concievable setting most i can get is a very faint (like headphones ) from it doesnt matter how hi i turn up the volume anyone got any ideas ?

Have you configured the Denon to show a sub connected?

The test tones cycle through the different speakers, if the sub wasn't turned on it would simply skip the sub while cycling through.

The 3700 has 2 independently EQ'd sub outs, it could be the amp is set for one sub and the sub is connected to the wrong sub out, I don't think sub out 2 will be active if only 1 sub is configured in the menu, which output is the sub connected to?

The test tones cycle through the different speakers, if the sub wasn't turned on it would simply skip the sub while cycling through.

The 3700 has 2 independently EQ'd sub outs, it could be the amp is set for one sub and the sub is connected to the wrong sub out, I don't think sub out 2 will be active if only 1 sub is configured in the menu, which output is the sub connected to?

The sub was turned on and plugged in to sub 1 which was activated in the menu

When you run the test tones is the sub highlighted and there is a movement of the drive. Even with my Denon the test tones are not high, barely hear them but Audyssey has done a good job of integrating my sub.

What is Audyssey showing as the level of the sub?

When you run the test tones is the sub highlighted and there is a movement of the drive. Even with my Denon the test tones are not high, barely hear them but Audyssey has done a good job of integrating my sub.

What is Audyssey showing as the level of the sub?
sub highlighted but when you click you can hear somthing it goes through freqeuncy and then says no sub detected

sub highlighted but when you click you can hear somthing it goes through freqeuncy and then says no sub detected
To check the sub pull the RCA out from the back of the Denon and tap on the RCA lead with the palm of your hand. You should hear a reaction from the sub. That should indicate that the sub is working. If the sub is fine then perhaps consider a factory reset on the Denon and re-run Audyssey starting with the set up assistant.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom