Denon AVC-3700H: HDMI-ARC Sound Dropouts with LG TV Apps

Simplink is simply what LG call HDMI CEC. You cannot use ARC if this isn't engaged on the TV. AUTO should result in the audio being bitstreamed to the AVR via ARC as long as the format is one compliant with ARC's capabilities.

eARC can function without HDMI CEC, but ARC is reliant upon it.

@Bonce @dante01 A complete reboot of the TV seems to have sorted out the lip sync issues (switching it off, removing the plug from the power point on the wall and removing the ethernet cable from the TV, then, restarting the TV and reconnecting the ehternet cable). As I have Now TV Boost, I get my Now TV Entertainment & Sky Cinema packs in 1080 HD with DD 5.1 sound, this also now works fine without lip sync problems after rebooting the LG E6.

Last edited:
I just returned from service. They said that something went wrong during yesterday's update process and they fixed the issue.

@Blade 77 That's good news then. The update has resolved all the issues I was having with my 3700H. I've not had one sound dropout since I installed it.

If you guys just use the Optical Port do you still got the stuttering sound?

I still got it stuttering sound after the update, but like I mention before I've have an old Samsung UE65HU8505.

My Onkyo NR676e had no problem to play it CTV through Optical, but I think I had stuttering when I used through Arc.

I am thinking on buying a new TV just to test it out, if the problem occurs on that as well I will return both if it works I may stick with the upgrade :)

@DenonNoSound I never had any sound dropouts when using optical Toslink. In fact, Denon advised owners suffering from HDMI-ARC sound dropouts in TV apps to use the optical sound option until a firmware update was released.

@Blade 77 That's good news then. The update has resolved all the issues I was having with my 3700H. I've not had one sound dropout since I installed it.
Everything works out, thank god! So, it was the update that caused the problem, not the UPS. Do you get a "initialiasing" mesage when you start the receiver?

@Blade 77 Not when I start the receiver from standby.

@Blade 77 If a factory reset has been carried out then 'intializing' may appear at startup. It may also show when starting an update.

@Blade 77 I would advise contacting Denon via their support website. They are usually quite fast at replying. The other option is to get back in touch with the dealer.

Almost gave up until I found this thread. I have a X4700 with a Philips oled having the same issue. After the update of the Denon it is finally gone!

Was sooo close to returning it. Had my 3700 since December..been a long wait but not a single drop

I have he X

I have the X3700H and LG CX 77" no drop outs at all everything is working perfectly.
But when I turned on my avr I updated it, this update took several hours to complete, did you do an update then re check to make sure it didnt need any others?
I also have cx 77 and x3700h, eARC working fine for a year with Monoprice 2.1 fiber optic HDMI cable. Since latest update from LG the sound from all internal apps cuts out/pops for a second, every 7 seconds, like clockwork. Do not think the cable is an issue b/c if I Chromecast the same video from the same app on my phone I get Dolby vision sent to the tv using the same cable (and I can't test changing it anyway, it's run inside the wall). It only happens when eARC is enabled in either passthrough or auto mode.

I have tried powering off/disconnecting from wall and unplugging/plugging back in the HDMI cable.

Is everything still working for you?

Last edited:
I also have cx 77 and x3700h, eARC working fine for a year with Monoprice 2.1 fiber optic HDMI cable. Since latest update from LG the sound from all internal apps cuts out/pops for a second, every 7 seconds, like clockwork. Do not think the cable is an issue b/c if I Chromecast the same video from the same app on my phone I get Dolby vision sent to the tv using the same cable (and I can't test changing it anyway, it's run inside the wall). It only happens when eARC is enabled in either passthrough or auto mode.

I have tried powering off/disconnecting from wall and unplugging/plugging back in the HDMI cable.

Is everything still working for you?
I have not had any issues.
the other day for some reason my tv switched to tv speakers and I had to go turn earc back on and all that but otherwise it has been fine, no issues.

I have not had any issues.
the other day for some reason my tv switched to tv speakers and I had to go turn earc back on and all that but otherwise it has been fine, no issues.
That happened to me a few weeks ago too, before the issues started.

Can anyone confirm is the Receiver and not the TV at fault?, because as I see it, the tv is at fault here, I have a X6500H, I bought a BX Oled with eARC, and to my surprise i have the Atmos Dropouts now, i try everything from every other forum, and nothing, and i think i know why, and it is because LG drop ou DTS, so I think LG is Processing the Audio Signal,m even though they say they are making passthrough, Wich again, I dont know WHY, the whole purpouse of a passthrough is to let the other equipment in the chain do what it does best, and here we have LG deciding against the costumer, and NOT letting PASSTHOUGH DTS audio Signal, wich in turn results in Audio Dropouts and LipSync Problems, anyone of you had reach out LG with the problem? or found any solution?>, is really funny that i can not PASSTHROUGH DTS because the tv does nopt Decode, when theyre exact solution to the problem of not decoding it would be to PASSTHROUGH the signal, ..... sometimes i think the more you know the less this manufactures care about you, they must think, how many will be using this FEATURE as INTENDED?///..... they really disrispect us

I am having the same here as well.
I have a Sony OLED BRAVIA XR A80J and a Denon X2300W receiver. Getting repeated sound cutouts when using the Sony TV apps, but not when I use the cable box.
My set-up is via HDMI-ARC
I've checked for firmware updates, but there are none.
Any suggestions?

Forgot about this thread. I ended up putting a hole in my wall and replacing the fiber optic cable with an 8k cable 1/4 of the price from Amazon. Issues went away immediately. Apparently the fiber optic cable was damaged by a pocket mirror quickly used to get the serial # so I could register the device for the HDMI 8k port adapter that fixes the issue with the receiver hardware. At no point did the mirror actually touch the fiber optic cable. One bs problem leading to another.
Anyway for anyone having these issues make sure all firmware is up to date and then try replacing the cable.

Thanks Cactus,
You're a lifesaver. I went back and changed out the cable for an 8K cable from Amazon and that completely resolved the issue. I guess with the amount of data now streaming from these newer TVs, you have to make sure that you connections are optimized to handle the information.
Sadly, none of the tech guys at Sony or Denon were even aware that this could be the issue.
Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom