Denon AVC-3700H: HDMI-ARC Sound Dropouts with LG TV Apps

dante01

Distinguished Member
Simplink is simply what LG call HDMI CEC. You cannot use ARC if this isn't engaged on the TV. AUTO should result in the audio being bitstreamed to the AVR via ARC as long as the format is one compliant with ARC's capabilities.

eARC can function without HDMI CEC, but ARC is reliant upon it.

HP Deskjet

@Bonce @dante01 A complete reboot of the TV seems to have sorted out the lip sync issues (switching it off, removing the plug from the power point on the wall and removing the ethernet cable from the TV, then, restarting the TV and reconnecting the ehternet cable). As I have Now TV Boost, I get my Now TV Entertainment & Sky Cinema packs in 1080 HD with DD 5.1 sound, this also now works fine without lip sync problems after rebooting the LG E6.

Last edited:

Blade 77

I just returned from service. They said that something went wrong during yesterday's update process and they fixed the issue.

HP Deskjet

@Blade 77 That's good news then. The update has resolved all the issues I was having with my 3700H. I've not had one sound dropout since I installed it.

DenonNoSound

Novice Member
If you guys just use the Optical Port do you still got the stuttering sound?

I still got it stuttering sound after the update, but like I mention before I've have an old Samsung UE65HU8505.

My Onkyo NR676e had no problem to play it CTV through Optical, but I think I had stuttering when I used through Arc.

I am thinking on buying a new TV just to test it out, if the problem occurs on that as well I will return both if it works I may stick with the upgrade :)

HP Deskjet

@DenonNoSound I never had any sound dropouts when using optical Toslink. In fact, Denon advised owners suffering from HDMI-ARC sound dropouts in TV apps to use the optical sound option until a firmware update was released.

Blade 77

@Blade 77 That's good news then. The update has resolved all the issues I was having with my 3700H. I've not had one sound dropout since I installed it.
Everything works out, thank god! So, it was the update that caused the problem, not the UPS. Do you get a "initialiasing" mesage when you start the receiver?

HP Deskjet

@Blade 77 Not when I start the receiver from standby.

HP Deskjet

@Blade 77 If a factory reset has been carried out then 'intializing' may appear at startup. It may also show when starting an update.

HP Deskjet

@Blade 77 I would advise contacting Denon via their support website. They are usually quite fast at replying. The other option is to get back in touch with the dealer.

ezande

Novice Member
Almost gave up until I found this thread. I have a X4700 with a Philips oled having the same issue. After the update of the Denon it is finally gone!

prvjoker

Was sooo close to returning it. Had my 3700 since December..been a long wait but not a single drop

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom