1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-1SR V New Denon 4805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Seanmac, Dec 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Seanmac

Seanmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Need some advice on my next amplifier upgrade,I am looking at upgrading to either a Denon AVC -1SR or the new Denon 4805 due 2005.I am having to sell my HiFi, so need a really good amplifier for AV and music.I can get a SHand AVC-1SR for £1800 is this a good price?, or wait for the new amp.My thinking is leaning towards the 1SR as I am interested in the denon link upgrade ( any info), overall sound quality and power.I am hoping to put the amp with Kef 9000 speakers.

Whats your opinions, any help much appreciated!!

My eventuall system is looking like a AVC-1SR , KEF 9000 spks and Denon`s new flagship DVD player AVX-1?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Personally I think that's too much for a second hand A1SR. They were going for around 1500 quid about 6 months ago. You could pick up the later A1SRA for around 2000 quid if you shopped around. I'd wait for the 4805 to appear if it were me. :)

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would wait for the new models to come out! you could then probably pick up the older models for even less as they will probably want to shift old stock... :)

John

4. Seanmac

Seanmac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I will probably hold on and see what my options are when the new Denon models come out?