1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-10SE Help needed!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Pulsar, Nov 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hello,

I have just purchased a second hand Denon AVC-10SE from another forum member, but I am having some problems.

I have connected the supplied power cord, 1 CD phono input and a pair of speaker cables. When I use the main switch to turn the amp on, it fires up with lights on the display, and I hear a quiet click, then the amp switches itself off after about 3 seconds, with the power light rapidly flashing.

I have looked in the manual, and it says this could be caused by a few different things. It says the amp could be over heating (not likely), that there is a short in the speaker connections (I have tried it with no speakers connected) or that the ventilation is blocked.(It isn't).

I have spoke to the guy who had the amp before me, and he said that it worked fine before he packaged it up. The amp doesn't look like it has been damaged it transit, so I am at a loss as to what has happened?:(

I have contacted Denon UK, but the one person taking fault calls was busy, so I shall try him later.

So, can any of you guys suggest things for me to try, so I can get this amp working, and listen to some music and movies?

Cheers

Rob

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Doublecheck there are no stray bits of speaker wire touching the casing at any point near the speaker terminals. Unplug everything and then reconnect the power cord, switch on again and if it stays on try a Processor Reset (the button combination press will be in the manual but I think it's either the Stereo & Direct buttons or the 6.1/7.1 and Stereo buttons). Hold these down whilst turning the Power on and the display will flash and reset everything.

3. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Jase,

I have tried everything that you have said and still cant get the amp to stay on. :thumbsdow

Cheers

Rob

Any other suggestions welcome please

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Long shot maybe but can you try another power cord?

5. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Yep, tried that

Cheers

Rob

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Got me stumped then.:confused: Unless it has received a clout in transit and something inside has broken.:(

7. Pulsar

Pulsar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Hello,

Well, I called Denon and they think that the output stage has blown.:thumbsdow The guy I brought it off is being very helpful, and I think it is going to go off to Denon for a free quote on the repairs.

Cheers

Rob