1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AVC-10SE A/V Amp/Processor with Denon POA-T10 Stereo Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by boneg, May 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. boneg

boneg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm running a 5/6/7.1 rig using the above but, I am finding I have to turn the master volume up to around -15dB to get any decent SPL. The AVC-10SE is rated at 125W per channel and the POA-T10 at about 100W per channel. What would the output be in watts at -15dB?

BoneG

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I doubt it's possible to "calculate" it that easily, at least not from the above information.

Keep in mind that the Watt ratings you have given are the maximum values, not the constant power (at normal listening levels only a few Watts are needed).
    The Watts produced/needed at a certain SPL depend on the level of the input signal and the speakers (sensitivity), not on the setting of the volume knob or the max. Watt rating of the amps.

3. kdp99

kdp99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I do not think you have a problem. I have the AVCA1SE, which will be very similar in power to your combination.

I find that for anything except DVDs -20 to -15db is about it. For DVD's I find -2 to -6db is it, and my wife says I listen loud.

Might be worth getting hold of a calibration disc / SPL meterto check things out if you have not already

Keith