1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AV Receivers - Stereo / Direct Mode

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by markfraser, Aug 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to listen to my CDs (played on my Denon DVD 2800) in 'unprocessed' form. In my last (Sony) receiver I could select a 'direct' mode which would basically bypass all processing and output to the front speakers only. :thumbsup: On my Denon AVR 2803, the 'stereo' and 'direct' modes both allow the Sub to function. :confused: Is there a way to tell the receiver to just output everything to the fronts only?

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the Denon's, Stereo Mode uses the bass management settings you have selected in the setup menu. Direct Mode bypasses all these settings regardless and sends full range signals to the front channels. It also sends a seperate filtered signal to the sub. You can switch this off by pressing the Surround Parameters button on the front panel until you get to the Channel Level adjustments (FL, FR, SW). Just turn the SW channel level down to -12db then OFF. :)

3. markfraser

markfraser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay - cheers. I'll use Direct Mode and just turn the Sub down manually. I think that's the easiest thing. Shame it's not as simple as the Sony. Also, it has the worst remote control I have ever used. Simply horrible and you have to hit two buttons to change the source. Rubbish!

Anyway, thanks again.