1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon AV-A10SE as PowerAmp for TAG?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mark Ward, Sep 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My upgrade plans include a Tag McLaren AV32R. I'm considering using my existsing Denon AV-A10SE & POA-T10 as 7 X 125W Power Amps for it. This would be an interim measure as I just can't afford to upgrade Power Amps at the same time.

1/ How possible is this?

2/ WOuld I be better off waiting until I can afford the power amps as well? Will I get any benefit from the AV32R with my existing setup?

Thanks for any comments

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277

3. MartinB

MartinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I audditioned the TAG along side the Denon that was top of the range at the time, using the Denon's 5.1 input connected to the TAG. The difference between the Denon's processing and the TAG's were very noticable. Run the TAG through your current amps for now, to get an immeadiate improvement. I used my old Arcam processor and amp until I could afford a better amp, but I'm glad I ran it that way instead of waiting until I could afford everything. Use the time you are saving to audition as many amps as you can, try to include Linn, TAG, Rotel, Bryston, Parasound.

Martin.