Denon AV-2600 Quick Question

Dinglebert

Standard Member
Reaction score
My setup was working just fine. No issues but over the past week something has changed and I can't work out why.

Set up is simple enough. I have only two sources going into the amp. My UHD player and Sky Q box. The output from amp is into eArc on my Samsung. My issue is when I want to watch any of the apps on the Samsung. ie Netflix, Prime or Disney+. The sound is staying on the Sky channel and not changing and for the life of me I can't work out why. It will jump over if I switch off receiver and back on but thats just seems wrong.

It was jumping over itself until a couple of weeks ago. The amp is also from time to time switching itself off. I have double checked speaker cables and they are all OK. Its an open shelf setup which wasn't causing issues for past two months. To my memory I haven't changed anything in the setup for this to happen.

Ensure that ARC is turned ON within the AV receiver's HDMI configurations as well as setting the TV AUDIO SWITCHING setting to ON.. Ensure that the TV's implimention of HDMI CEC is engaged. THis it termed Anynet+ by Samsung. Ensure that the TV's speaker and audio output are set to the option associated with ARC as opposed to being set to the TV's own speakers. Once all these options are configured correctly then put both the TV and the AV receiver into standby and themn power them back up to establish a new HDMI handshakwbetween them that acknoeledges the new configurations.

Last edited:
Cheers. All was set as you described. However I did notice that the tv audio switch was at off instead of on. Now working

Yeah, it sometines doesn't harm to check the basics such as the congurations. Anyway, glad that you resolved the issue you were having.

Yeah, it sometines doesn't harm to check the basics such as the congurations. Anyway, glad that you resolved the issue you were having.
The one thing which does throw me is when did it go to the off position. I didn't do it and no-one else in the houses understands how to switch the thing on!

Has there been a recent firmware revision and is the TV set to automatically update itself?

No both are up to date.

I am having a real problem with eARC. Now at times when I fast forward a Sky program the sound is swtiching off. If I change TV to say Netflix it starts working again and still works when I put it back to Sky.

Update. I have spoken to both Sky and Denon over past few days. The sound dropping out on changing channel issue is a Denon problem which they are working on. Easiest way to solve it is switch the box off and back on. Firmware expected mid-November.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom