Denon Arv1912 Firmware 😡

DOUBLEFRICK

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a 1912.

Ive had it since new but have never been able to do a firmware update.

When I check for the update it finds it and tells me how long it’s going to take and when you go update it starts to authenticate but fails after about 3 mins with and connection 25 error.

I use the same switch connection to to my router for my tv and Xbox and they do updates fine.

The unit is like new but the apps on the tv are not all playing through it properly .

Apple does but Netflix and Disney don’t .

Cheers in advance for any advice .

If you are watching any 4K content then that might be the problem via HDMI. Little more information about how the Denon is wired into your system.

1612607971279.png

Perhaps reset will help.

If you are watching any 4K content then that might be the problem via HDMI. Little more information about how the Denon is wired into your system.
The tv is connected directly to the denon with hi speed hdmi cable.

Xbox to the tv .

If I play Netflix or Disney on the Xbox no problems when I tell the tv to output the sound to the denon .

it only when I use the apps on the tv .

Ive tried every option for sound output on the tv and input on the denon .

I get sound but it’s like the denon cannot process it as it sounds like birds chirping on helium.

It’s not the end of the world but is something that just bugs me from time to time .

And I go through the whole process again.

I suggest you try an optical connection from the TV to the Denon. There will be no loss of audio quality as both HDMI ARC and optical carry just lossy Dolby Digital 5.1 as a maximum. Make sure your TV is set so that SPDIF outputs either bitstream or Dolby Digital.

Optical often gives a more stable connection than ARC especially with older units. I've long given up on ARC between my TV and my Denon which is considerably younger then yours. It's the work of the devil.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom