Denon and Bose

D

doc_wpipe

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a system which will comprise of a Denon AV receiver and Bose speajer system to link up all A-V components.
Can anyone please suggest a good combo for approx 500-700 pounds budget.

Thanks,
Murali:)

jeepjunkie

Novice Member
I guess you are looking for 5.1? If so Denon do a DVD AV reciever which I have and can thoroughly recommend. Bose do a number of surround speaker packages all of which are out you budget new but can easily sourced second hand. I started off with the stereo AM5s but have now moved on to a AM10 active sub but the smaller Lifestyle Jewel cube speakers, which IMHO are much better that the standard series III double cubes. Any detailed info required just ask..?

D

doc_wpipe

Thanks 4 the reply,

U mentioned about second hand speakers but cud u recommend a reliable source to buy them?
And what specs shud the Denon system have to get a good performance out of the entire system?

Murali

jeepjunkie

Novice Member
Any Denon AV system will happliy drive a Bose system as they are an easy load for an amplifier. I have the older Denon ADV-M71, which is excellent and would cost penuts second hand on auction sites, the same for Bose but as usual contact the seller to satisfy yourself all is ok. I have bought Bose stuff recently from the UK and US due to the strength of the pound with no probs. Note the ADV-M71 is 2.1 but can be expanded to 5.1 with the addition of a 3 channel power amp, I used a couple of Cyrus power amps with superb results, TEAC do a 3 channel power amp that is the same shape as the Denon which may also be of interest.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom