Denon amp Samsung qled TV surround sound issues

Jimmyjamwhambam

Novice Member
Hi all I have the Denon avr 6500 and the q9fn qled TV. I want to put all the hdmis into the one connect box and have one hdmi going to the amp through the arc output tondonall the sound. When I donthis I cannot get surround sound through my blubray player, it will output stereo fine but not Dolby Atmos. As soon as I put all hdmis into the amp and then one cable to TV, it works fine.

I have tried the sound options of pure direct, direct and auto but they all only output in stereo. Any help much appreciated

gibbsy

I have a X6500. You should have no problems with putting the blu ray player directly into the X6500. As long as you have the blu ray player set to bitstream then the X6500 will have no trouble at all decoding all HD audio formats includng Atmos as long as you have the X6500 correctly configured for Atmos with a speaker arrangement of at least 5.1.2.

If everything going through the X6500 is working as it should but the ARC connection between the TV and the X6500 is not then that points to a problem in the set up of the TV and not the Denon. The X6500 cannot decode what it cannot receive.

Is there any reason why you would not want the X6500 to act as the HDMI hub, as that is by far the best option for HD audio.

Jimmyjamwhambam

Novice Member
I have a X6500. You should have no problems with putting the blu ray player directly into the X6500. As long as you have the blu ray player set to bitstream then the X6500 will have no trouble at all decoding all HD audio formats includng Atmos as long as you have the X6500 correctly configured for Atmos with a speaker arrangement of at least 5.1.2.

If everything going through the X6500 is working as it should but the ARC connection between the TV and the X6500 is not then that points to a problem in the set up of the TV and not the Denon. The X6500 cannot decode what it cannot receive.

Is there any reason why you would not want the X6500 to act as the HDMI hub, as that is by far the best option for HD audio.
When I put through the TV it picks up the oppo blu ray player but doesn't if I put it through the amp(oppo is not on the list of known brands on the Samsung's list) so I have to switch it to the cable input, then it will auto switch to the bku ray signal. Also and Im sure this is me, but when I have all inputs going to TV, the amp turns on and off with the TV remote and I just have to out the amp on one input and basically hardly touchnit so lot less faff.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom