• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon AC Power outlet Cable

PannyAdams

Does anybody know where I can source a Denon AC Power outlet cable in the UK - You know the one you can use to chain through to your DVD player. It looks like a standard UK shaver cable but isn't! It looks to be the same size but smaller pins!

Thanks

Barry

Helicon

Banned
If it's a captive lead, you'll need to use an adaptor which is normally supplied and fitted by the manufacturer when the product enters the country. If it didn't come with one, either Denon missed it when fitting the adaptors, or you could possibly have a grey import product. If the dealer you got it from gets in touch with Denon, they'll send the dealer one for you.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Panny Adams

Have you confirmed the AC Outlet is actually wired up?

I thought these were a no-no in the EU and whilst the circuitry and sockets are left in place they are not actually wired up on EU sourced units.

Pioneer had to recall a load of AV Amps a while back when it was discovered the AC Outlets had not been disconnected when the units arrived into the UK.

Best regards

Joe

PannyAdams

Joe........yes it is wired up. And I actually had a power outlet cable - My Denon DVD player AC cable had a fancy plug (UK) that when you undid a screw an Outlet plug pulled out of the UK plug - this info was got from a local Denon dealer.

It is definitely a UK model.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom