1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A1XV or A11XV Room EQ How Good?User's

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by simonthepieman, Sep 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. simonthepieman

simonthepieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    This is my situation I use a TAG 32 single processor and I am
    considering the upgrade to dual processor which includes room EQ

But as denon is about to launch the 3806 with the MultiEQxt
    room correction system my question is to existing A1xv or the cheaper
    AX11xv which are the only units to have EQxt at present how good have you found the EQ to be in use.
    I will only be using the 3806 as a pre/processor as I use external Amps
    and the video options are not important to me, just sound quality is.

I have read the avs forum where they do seem to like room EQ although have had some issues with sub eq which a recent software update seems to fix . I assume when the 3806 is launched the room EQxt will be the latest version.
    All info will be greatly appreciated
    Simon

2. DLau

DLau
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Simon,

There are a few users in the forum with AVC A1XV's but I believe we all had them professionally installed due to the complexity of the system.

I know only selected dealers can sell the A1XV who have had the Denon training.

All I can say is that when set up properly the A1XV sounds awesome. Like you I can only relay that having read about the EQ they general view is that it is very good.

You might want to read this: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6595

FYI the AVC 5805 is the US model number for the A1XV

Hope this helps
    Darren

3. simonthepieman

simonthepieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thankyou Darren Your system looks fantastic by the way
    I thought this may be the case. I have posted a similar thread on the Tag section. Most have not heard or compared a denon to tag. I will continue to read
    the various threads before any decision is made.Any more info please give it

4. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Simon,

I must say I am very impressed with the Audyssey MultEQ system. Originally, I was told by several experts that every speaker can only have one delay setting and one level setting at a time and therefore there is no way for an equalizer to create more than one optimal listening position. Although this seems logical and I have no idea how the Audyssey system does it, the difference between Audyssey on and off is stunning. As opposed to simply having 8 different speakers, they work much better together and it makes you feel like you're sitting right in the middle of the movie. The effect is obviously not exactly the same for all listening positions, but it is definitely a huge improvement and funnily enough also for the theoretically optimal position.

Now, the processors in the A1XV are more powerful than in the 3806 but as far as I am aware the Audyssey system should be identical. Apparently, there has been a bug with the Audyssey of the US 5805, which resulted in lower frequencies not being adapted and boosing high frequencies too much, but this is being addressed in a firmware update. To be honest, I haven't noticed this on mine, so it could be an issue relating to US models.
    If you're interested in media streaming and internet radio you might want to look at the 4306 instead, which has an ethernet port allowing both (and an Ipod port), but otherwise for your purposes the 3806 will probably be sufficient.

I have never seen a mid-range Denon being used as a pre-amp and have no idea how it works with a TAG power amp, but you should probably demo it. It could be that selling the power amps and getting an A11XV or A1XV instead of an 3806 might sound better.