1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A1SR and 5803

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by djc101, Aug 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there would be a problem with running the avc 5803 (american version of the A1SR) in this country?
    If a transformer was used to fix the voltage issues would there be internal problems with the difference in frequency and different components inside requiring seperate voltages?

Thanks

Dan

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,571
    Hi

I would imagine you would need a stepdown(up) transformer and it should be allright. Why do you want a 5803 though? The only differences are a tuner, the extra speaker terminals for multiroom and the remote control with RF.

The A1SR can be picked up for just over 2 grand if you shop around (there was a thread about it a while ago).

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I would imagine you would need a stepdown(up) transformer and it should be allright.

I think you should have a look first at how big (and expensive) a 700-1000Watt step-up transformer is! ;) :D

4. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the thoughts guys but it looks like the deal has fallen through. I thought it was too good to be true, a new unopened 5803 for only £1000! :(

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I just checked and can confirm the 5803 is 110V/60Hz only.

6. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah thats true but I spoke to Hayden Laboritiories and they said it'd run fine with a transformer. A couple have come up on e-bay recently but theres something dodgy about them. They dont want enough money for them and two different sellers have replied to me with very similar e-mails.........smells fishy.

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't say I didn't warn you ... with the required power you are looking at a serious transformer, not a toy with 20 Watts like you can use for a DVD player .... :eek:

8. djc101

djc101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not going to risk one anyway, like i said , theres something not right about the deal the guy is proposing.