1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A1SE?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by John G, Feb 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I am thinking of buying a Denon A1SE but am confused by all this talk of an upgrade and even of a replacement model due in a few months time.Is it worth taking the plunge now? Do I go for the upgrade or wait for the new model ? If anyone can advise I would be most grateful
    Many thanks,John G

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    The new model A1SR is due out later this year with the price likely to be around 3200 quid.

The current model can be got for around 2000 and the upgrade is going to cost around 600 quid.

The only differences between the two are that the new model will have over the upgraded one is internal video conversion and onscreen volume display. Apart from that they will be the same.

Doing the maths I´d go for the current A1SE and get it upgraded.

cheers

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Forgot to add this!

The new model will also have A/D (Analogue to Digital) conversion on the External inputs (8ch) for use with DVD Audio/SACD players.

This means you will be able to use the amplifiers bass management for DVD-Audio/SACD.

The current model will only be able to this when linked to the new DVD A1/9000 via the Denon digital link.

4. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    these amps are getting like computer chips, i suppose you will have to decide yourself if its worth the wait and would you use the features??