1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon A1SE-A11SR or Pioneer AX10???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gadjet, May 31, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am totally stuck between these three. Firstly with the A11SR being the cheapest is the quality of the other 2 worth the extra cost?

I want the A-10 or A1SE the most, just not sure if the sound difference is worth the price difference. Then if the extra cost is worth it, then not sure which one out of them two. I,m in no mans land at the moment. I should go to a shop with them in. Just hate all the sales talk, always not sure of advice. Sorry if any of you work in an audio shop, I,m sure you are not all bad, but truthfully there are some out there (commision)

I am definately buying Pioneer 747 DVD as well to go with my (our) choice.

Where are there good prices for these. I live in Wrexham so any ideas where there is a good audio shop that sells the above.

Please help me out, this is a lot, lot of money to me and I want to spend well.

Thats it now I will shut up and hope I get good advice,

Cheers, Phill

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Hi

The A1SE has now been replaced by the A1SR. I would imagine its still possible to get an A1SE and then have it upgraded but you´d be better off going straight for the A1SR.

Worth looking around for different prices on the A1SR, www.leconcepts.com have them at a good price, also got the AX10 as well as the A11SR.

There´s a 1000 quid difference between the A11SR and the other two but only you can decide if its worth it. My money would be on the Denon A1SR (I currently have the upgraded A1SE).

The Pioneer AX10 has the nifty acoustic calibration circuit but already has a newer version (AX10i) waiting in the wings.

Cheers

3. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gadjet, I think you need to find a good AV shop where the staff arent too pushy, and listen to all of them with the 747 and speakers of choice.

If it helps I have the A11SR and I am very happy with it. Great piece of kit. The AX10 wasnt out when I bought it so I didnt compare. I compared against the A1SE and decided the difference wasnt worth another £700 + upgrade costs.

Used the money to buy more DVDs :)

Cheers Rog

4. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hi
    if this helps i dont know cos its down to your ears and the depth of your pockets, i have just taken this road which was to buy an a1se four months old mint with box receipt and instruction book for £1300.00 and i have registered for the upgrade which will cost £600.00 total £1900.00 which i think is a pretty good deal to say wot i will end up with.

regards

richard