Denon A1SE/3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by danfrance110, Sep 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. danfrance110

danfrance110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

In the middle of upgrading my whole system and have around £900 for a new receiver. I was originally looking at the Denon 3805/ Yamaha 2400 or Pioneer AX5i but a friend of a friend has offered me a mint Denon A1SE for around my budget £900. Is this a good deal? Its going to be driving Gallo 'A' Diva and micro's. Also, will be buying a plasma shortly, will there be lip sync issues with the A1SE?

Thanks

Dan

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    In my opinion that price is probably about par for the course , no super deal.

The Denon isn't going to cause the lipsync problem , video processing by the plasma (deintrelacer/scaler if you have one) will do that. The problem with the A1SE is that I don't think it has master audio delay (unless it has has the KAVCA1SE upgrade) should you have lipsync problems. The 3805 & AX5i definitely do have this feature.

3. danfrance110

danfrance110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I can pick the A1se up for £800 which I thought was a good deal? Do all plasmas suffer lip sync? Will it not be superior in sound quality to the AX5i and 3805?

4. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would have thought the A1se would have been the better option. Also you can get it upgraded which might help too.